Dear Valued Patient,
We are happy to announce that based on information received from Governor Dewine, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Optometric Association (AOA), Peters Family Eyecare will be able to begin seeing patients and reopening sales of glasses and contact lenses starting this Monday, May 4th. These past several weeks have been challenging for all of us, and we are more appreciative than ever for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented pandemic.
We will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for healthcare facilities in order to not only protect our valued patients and staff but also to support the efforts of state and local authorities to prevent further community spread of the coronavirus. Since it is critical we proceed in as safe a manner as possible, we are implementing a new protocol to ensure the highest standards of safety, including continual sanitization, social distancing, etc. Some specific examples of this new protocol are the following:
- This week we had an ionizer installed in our H-VAC system which has been proven to significantly reduce a wide variety of pathogens in our practice.
- Staff members will wear face coverings.
- All patients and guests who enter the building will be expected to wear face coverings.
- All surfaces, including glasses, that are touched in any manner, will be sanitized between patients.
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
This list is not all-inclusive but meant to provide examples of what we are doing, which includes intensive staff training, to ensure a safe, clean, and healthy environment for all of our patients and staff.
Our hours of operation will return to normal (M 10:30-7, T-F 8-5) as of Monday, May 4th, and patients will be seen by appointments only.
- Until further notice, no walk-ins will be permitted.
- Our office will be contacting patients who are currently on the schedule to confirm dates and times.
- We will also be contacting patients who had their appointments canceled during this time period to reschedule.
As always, feel free to contact our office with any questions or to schedule an appointment. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Dr. Randy L. Peters and Staff